Fuel pressure on BGT

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pressure on BGT
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:38:49 +0100
Hello, All.

I've been speaking to a chap at Burlen Fuel Services (SU) about the tickover
richness on my '72 ST BGT. It was thought that fuel pressure might account
for this in part-he told me to set it to 1.5 -3.8 psi on my Filter King.
I believe the cam profile (tons of overlap, not too much lift) and carb size
(HS6) may be contributing to this richness, through poor fuel atomisation at
low engine speeds. At anything above about 2,000 rpm, the mixture is fine
and if I try to adjust the idle mixture, the car won't pull at higher engine
speeds.
So, I just wanted to know if anyone had found that altering the fuel
pressure actually made any difference to their car.

Thanks,
Dave H.

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.psychomotor.co.uk