Re: Master cyl vent was Brake Fluids

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master cyl vent was Brake Fluids
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:41:08 -0700
Hmmm... the diaphragm on my disc-brake 67 Plymouth has a huge inverted
bubble built into it. When the pedal goes down it looks like it moves
several cubic inches of fluid out of the cylinder, and the diaphragm
bubble has to billow out to compensate. I don't think a flat rubber disc
fitted beneath the less-than-3/4-inch-diameter cap of my single
Lockheed-Girling master cylinder is going to be able to stretch to handle
the displacement of even a few cc's of fluid. If this was a good idea I
think it would have been done.

BTW my 66 B was built long past the era of bobby-soxers... more like mods
and rockers...

Hlsinger@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim