sighting and sighing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: sighting and sighing
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:45:01 -0400
Hi All,

        There's hope for the future. I saw a lime green RBB  in the student lot
of
the Cherry Hill (NJ) West High School the other day. Originality be
damned...the color and the car stood out amidst a sea of tan and burgendy
and other blah colors. As I was passing by in my bright carmine RBB, I was
most happy to see another like minded soul.

        Speaking of which, I am rather cynical about the development of
email-based communities  but when I read Larry's message about the death of
Mike Lishego, I felt unexpectedly sad, much like hearing of the passing of
a high school chum from 34 years ago.
        We communicate into the vacuum of e-space and receive messages, but
I've
only met 4-5 listers in the flesh and blood. So mostly, our interactions
are based on the struggle to keep an antiquated technology running, yet we
are not modern Luddites either (hence, the 'list'!). And it is that
struggle, at least in my part, that permits me to feel as if I've shared
something with you all. From that struggling and technical communications
comes other less direct communications, the Cat episodes, the lawyer
episodes, that have nothing to do with the beloved MG's  which cement ties
of a diverse group of souls with a commonality. I guess my cynicism is, for
this list, misplaced.

Bully for us. Drive safely.

Bill
'76B