RE: Cooling question

To: "'Rick Ehlert'" <ricke@idcnet.com>, MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling question
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:22:07 -0400
> But here's the funny part: If I fill it when cold to the top,
> it will blow
> it out the overflow tube everytime while driving!  (no
> overflow tank on it)
> It seems to like to be 3/4 full!
> Other than that, it never gives my any temp. problems...NEVER
> above 190
> degrees.
>
> Any idea what the deal is, list?

I have heard mentioned before, and it makes sense to me, that the radiator
should not be 'topped off' and the resultant space is for expansion.  I
experience the same thing in my A.  If I fill it too full, the next time I
check it, it has settled at 'optimum level' which is somewhat below where I
filled it.  If I leave it alone, the level never changes, and I don't
overheat.
Just MHO and YMMV.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird