Re: US Formula One GP

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: US Formula One GP
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:42:54 -0600 (MDT)
Unfortunately when tickets went on sale I couldn't afford to go, but I
watched it on TV.  Aside from being a good race I caught two points of
interest.

1.  This was the largest crowd to ever attend a F1 race anywhere in the
world.  The number was something around 250k people.

2. Ferrari has added Indy to the "races they have to win", joining with
Monza.  They also said that the ferrari fans at Indy rival the ones at
Monza.  Many other teams expressed like feelings, that this was a "must
win" race on next year's calender.

I think that this speaks very highly of the effort here in the US, and I
think it dispells a lot of the rumors that Americans wouldn't watch/goto a
F1 race, IMO naturally.

 James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"I sure wish I had a racer's budget, or are the racers just better at
explaining expenses to the wife?"
-Unknown