Re: Three LBCs for $10

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Three LBCs for $10
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:15:51 -0700 (PDT)
A quick trip to Wal-mart yielded an MGA an MGB and a
bugeye. Thanks for the tip. They also have an XK and a
triumph. Sam's club members should keep an eye on the
larger die cast models at the store. I haven't seen
any MG's, but the selection keeps changing and they're
a bargain at about 10 clams. The same brand costs
about 30 clams mail order.

jon

--- "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net> wrote:
> How is the B?  The website says it is a '70.  I got
> all excited as I
> have the '70 with a split bumper, but it looks like
> a typo as it is
> really a '63...  (Yours is from the first release it
> looks like, as the
> second B is BRG.)
>

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:54:29 -0700 (PDT), Kimo
> Tichgelaar wrote:
>
> >OK, they're 1:64 scale die cast, but still pretty
> cool.  I was wandering
> >through a local toy store and glanced at the cars
> to see if they had a Mach
> >5 (the only Speed Racer car anyone buys, so its
> always sold out), when
> >sandwiched between the American Muscle series and
> the latest boring mega-car
> >company prototypes, I spotted the Johnny Lightning
> British Invasion Series.
> >I picked up a 1960 AH Sprite (green w/black
> interior, RHD), a 1961 MGA Twin
> >Cam (white with red interior, LHD (the only Twin
> Cam I'll ever own on my
> >salary)) and a 1963 MGB (cream with black
> interior).  The series also
> >includes a 1961 TR3A, a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine, and a
> 1962 Jag e-Type.
> >
> >They have a web page at
>
>http://www.playingmantis.com/jl/products_details.asp?ItemRecid=155&MyArea=jl
> >
> >Kimo Tichgelaar
> >"A man with a good car needs no justification/
> >Fate is in my hands, and in the transmission."
> >-Gang of Four

> >Say Bye to Slow Internet!
> >http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
> >

> --