Reliability of British Vehicles

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reliability of British Vehicles
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:43:29 -0400
Hello All,

An interesting thing happened to my wife and I this week.  It started Thursday
when I received a call at work from my wife Alice.  Both her Jeep and our back
up car, a Chevy Caprice Classic, broke down on her while she attempted to get
to work.  I returned home and gave her the MG, while I took my 1970 Norton.
Imagine that!  Of our four vehicles, the only ones working at this time are the
two "unreliable" British ones.

Anyway, while I love having the Norton out and Alice is enjoying the B, we need
to figure out what is wrong with her Jeep. It will start, but not continue
unless you keep on the gas. Letting off causes the engine to cut out roughly.
Anyone know about fuel injected models (I-6 4.0 Cherokee)? Does this sound
familiar?

Erich      1980 MGB
           1970 Norton Commando "S"
           1996 Jeep Cherokee (Down)
           1978 Chevy (also down, but seems to only cost $40 to fix
           anything on it)