Re: Power Curve of B-Series Engine

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Power Curve of B-Series Engine
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 14:35:20 -0700
PaulH.

Somewhere I thought I once read that an internal combustion engine gets its best
fuel economy at something like 90% of full throttle.  Now that doesn't mean 90%
of its mazimum engine speed, but 90% of FULL THROTTLE.  That would indicate that
if you can maintain that throttle position when going up hill, against the wind
etc, and maintain the steady speed you want with the OD, then it will most
likely get the better fuel mileage even with more throttle than with the OD
disengaged and less throttle.

Blake