Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:19:12 -0700
<<<snip>>>
>  a no-frills simple sporty car
<<<snip>>>

My sentiments.  But, because of passenger safety and emissions, it will never be
a simple as our LBC's.  A help would be to provide a CD ROM program and hook up
kit so the home mechanic could run his own diagnostics using a PC.  That
probably would never happen as the Feds and manufacturer wouldn't want any work
done on the cars by non-certified people.  To much litigation or
changing/altering of specs wouldn't make them happy.

Blake