Re: where is the timing mark?!

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: where is the timing mark?!
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:01:26 -0700
Evangelos,

My 72 B has the same problem.  Apparently the pulley will travel over time
moving the TDC mark.  I found TDC on #1 with the valve cover off and made a
mark on my timing cover and pulley (on the top where it's easy to see), and
made a couple of hash marks like those at the bottom of the pulley to set my
timing.  It's not perfect but it gets you close enough to experiment with
the vernier on the distributor until it runs well.  I think there is some
kind of dampener materiel that deteriorates which causes the pulley to slip.
Haven't seen anything on Moss or VB to replace the pulley.

Dave 72 B