Re: Where have all the used cars gone?

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: Where have all the used cars gone?
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:23:30 -0700
Gary...

I watch the papers almost every day.  About once a week I'll see an MGB or
Triumph and occasionally something real eclectic.  There are a lot of cars in
the bay area you just have to be diligent about watching the papers.  Look in
the Mercury News and the SF papers daily!!  They don't seem to last long once
they hit the paper.  One of my observations has been a good percentage of what I
see for sale are not daily drivers.  I looked at a 67 MGB in S. SF a couple of
weeks ago that had been sitting for 5 years.  The owner thought he had a piece
of gold.  But sitting for so long with out air cleaners and a tattered top had
taken it's toll on it and was in need of very major work to make it a road
worthy.  I offered $250 for it. He declined.  Being in the Bay Area I think
people tend to price there cars on the high side.  You might be better to look
out of the area.  You are right in observing that there are fewer and fewer all
the time..  It just makes mine more valuable..  I showed my wife the last copy
of British Car where in the back it said an "A" MGB was worth $25,000.  She said
"So what, you'll never sell it".  I told her "yea, but someday I'm gona die and
you can sell it"  Oh... BTW..  I saw your Healy at the San Juan Boutista meet!