Re: adding an ammeter to a RBB

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: adding an ammeter to a RBB
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:32:49 -0400
Larry,

     It's a classic issue for anyone who's over taught electrical theory, the
'flowing of voltage' ' through that gauge'.  An ammeter must be wired in series
with the current that it is measuring. The expression 'split the brown wire'
means to cut the wire, splice in the ammeter, and then continue the wire to its
original destination.  Unfortunately, this creates two more connections to be
cursed by Lord lucas.  Indeed, if you know what you're looking for, you can gain
the same intelligence from a voltmeter (connected in parallel).

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/