Re: What makes a car? What makes an MGC?

To: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>,
Subject: Re: What makes a car? What makes an MGC?
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
Chris, the MGC had a straight-six and a unique front suspension - torsion
bars, I believe - along with a different front crossmember to support the
new suspension. Also had 15" wheels standard. Believe that is about the
only difference (other than the bonnet) from the standard B.

I read somewhere that the Heritage body shell was manufactured to the
specs of a 72 B - although I don't know what that means as all the B
bodies were pretty much the same prior to 74.5. I believe what you do is
what you said - buy a rustbucket and swap the id plate - although as
others have mentioned, not sure this is something you would necessarily
brag about when you walk into your state Motor Vehicle office to register
it!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328

http://im.yahoo.com/