Re: What makes a car? What makes an MGC?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What makes a car? What makes an MGC?
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:52:29 -0700 (PDT)
> Maybe I shouldnt post to the list doped up on cold
> medication.

Are you kidding? this was one of the first messages I
could relate too! ;-]

Yes it's customary among hot rodders to get the title
and maybe body numbers off a basket case and go from
there. Best to start with one of the same body
type/make and even color if possible. If you get a
different colored one, just do the title work when you
start the project and put in for a color change when
you are ready to drive it. Some even start with an
unrelated title, like a mini truck, and build a glass
Willy's. Give yourself a few years to complete the
work and you can even go for a late '70's model. The
key to the least hassle is to not ask any questions
and just make it look like you bought an old beater
and you're going to fix her up and drive it. And you
did; you just built the new one around the old VIN tag
;-]

Where to find out about the heritage bodies?

jon

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, but surely healing

58 Willys CJ-3B, Buick 231, T90, D18, D44, D25, 33X12.5 BFG's, custom exhaust
by Jenson and Audiovox.

She married me not for what I was, but for what she could make me...

I like work; it fascinates me; I can sit and look at it for hours.

http://im.yahoo.com/