brake woes

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake woes
From: "T. Keith Vezina" <tkvezina@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:38:46 -0500
It seems that I lost the friction material off of one of my front brake pads
and it scarred the rotor.  I took the rotor to AutoZone to be turned, but
they refused to because "their computer" said the min. thickness should be
0.341".  I returned with my shop manual to show the manager that the
thickness of a new rotor is 0.34" and minimum is 0.30".  He said that is
obviously an error in the computer, but still would not turn them because of
the liability!  (Of course, a new rotor from them is "unavailable".)

If it wasn't for lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers!!