MOSS, SU Carbs and frustration

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MOSS, SU Carbs and frustration
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:39:37 -0400
List,

I just received an order from MOSS and with it came a bit of frustration! I
ordered a new set of SU carburetors for my 1968 MGB, which originally had
AUD-265's. MOSS's catalog shows part number 366-478 as being AUD-265,
however, this is not what was shipped. I instead received AUD-273's. The
carbs do appear as if they would work but are not correct and, in my
opinion, are not as well manufactured as my original and air leaking carbs.
Anyone know the story the AUD-273's? MOSS does not even list parts for this
model. I am a bit pissed that MOSS does not list this discrepancy in the
"new" catalog. If I am not getting AUD-265's tell me! Sorry for ranting to
the list but I would love to know the story here. May help others to know
this little fact as well. Thanks...

Frank Phillips
1968 MGB
http://www.ufspace.ufl.edu/fwp/mgb.htm