Re: Lucas gremlin

To: <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lucas gremlin
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:22:08 +0100
On a 72 the stop-lamp switch is wired directly back to the fuse-block i.e.
it does not share any wiring with any other green circuit, therefore the bad
connection must be at the fuse-block or the white feed to it.  Be aware that
there are rivetted connections between fuse holder and spade tags on the
back of the fuse block and these can corrode as well as the visible bits.
Also if the stop-light switch shares a spade connector with one of the other
greens it could be corrosion between wiring connector and fuse-block spade.
Put a test-lamp on various places while someone pumps the brakes (ignition
on), if the test-lamp goes out with the brakes on the problem is between you
and the battery.

PaulH.