Re: UK Imported part / buyer B-ware

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: UK Imported part / buyer B-ware
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:15:04 -0500
 Well, I once had a deal in the works to buy an OD tranny from a
recycler in Canada. He contacted me because he'd seen me bid on one in
an Ebay auction.   He quoted $350 CDN plus shipping & duties.  I took it
upon myself to call customs at the POE in San Antonio about the fees.
It took them a while but they came up with an estimate on the import
fees.  The recycler reneged on me whem I told him I'd take him up on the
deal.

  But the lesson in this thread is to find out about these things in
advance.  How else can you make a monetary decision?

  Cheers,

  CR