Import Duties

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Import Duties
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmartin@yedtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:38:28 +0200
All you Brits and Yanks should be happy that parts are availible and that
import duties aren't any higher than they are.
I just ordered almost $500 worth of various bits from Moss UK, only to
discover that the import duties here in Israel on car parts for personal use
are a whopping 85%! (FWIW, when I checked this before ordering, I was told
12% over the phone - a number that noone has ever heard now that the parts
have actually arrived and I have to pay for them).  Then, they add on to
that another 17% VAT, meaning that I pay more in taxes than the actual cost
of the parts.  Yeesh.  I wouldn't complain so much if there were spares
available, but there are only 10-15 running B's in the whole country.

The sacrifices we make to keep our MGs on the roads,
R. Martin Rogovein
Tel Aviv, Israel.