Re: Alignment

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>,
Subject: Re: Alignment
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:14:30 -0000
Caster is the amount a vertical line through the king pin varies from the
vertical in a fore-and-aft direction (as opposed to varying from the
vertical in a side-to-side direction for camber).  It affects the
self-centering action of the steering, and it is when this angle differs
between the sides that the car pulls to one side on a flat and level
surface.  The distance between front and rear axle centres is the wheelbase.
There is no factory-provided adjustment to change any of the suspension
alignment, but shims can be fitted in various places to compensate for
physical damage.

PaulH.