Re: To lean weber adjustment

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>,
Subject: Re: To lean weber adjustment
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:29:34 -0800 (PST)
I though the shop just jetted that carb for you?
Webers are known for staying tuned. Perhaps there's an
underlying cause. The idle screws will lean out the
low rpms. On the DCOE this means up to about 3000
rpms, if I remember right. I dunno about on your carb.
Doing a lean drop adjustment shouldn't hurt, but if
you adjust away a problem, you'll still have the
problem. First look at the plugs since they jetted the
carb?

jon
--- Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo> wrote:
> Hello list, I took my plugs out today and they have
> that characteristic
> white color of too lean combustion. The car is
> running fine but I have lost
> a bit of power on 1st gear. Can I run a trial and
> error adjustment by
> tweaking the mixture screw or must I take it to the
> shop? Enrique

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, but surely healing

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

The saddest thing in the world is watching your father turn into your son. The
hardest thing in the world is to take care of him as well as he took care of
you. Love you parents while they're still healthy. - Jon Paulsen