Re: Transmission problem 77B

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission problem 77B
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 11:06:41 +1030
I wouldn't call this a solution, but perhaps worthy of a look. When I was
looking for my current B, I test drove one from a car yard(actually, I test
drove a lot from car yards). This car would pop out of third gear when
downshifting too, regular as clockwork. I told the salesman I was concerned
about wear in the box. He claimed it was just the rubber boot around the
gear stick being too tight. My disbelieve probably showed on my face because
he pulled out a screwdriver and unbolted the boot from the transmission
tunnel. After that, it didn't matter what I did, I could not get the box to
jump out of third gear. I didn't buy the car.

Cheers
Richard
'76 B
         Anne and Richard Spurling