Alternator no chargy

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator no chargy
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 06:51:53 -0800 (PST)
Hey gang,

My alternator seems to have died. Battery measures a
lower voltage running than off. After charging it, it
slowly drops until dead.

Isn't there something with the ignition lamp or other
warning lamp that can make a good alternator appear
bad?

How many amps is she rated at?

Any reason to keep the original alternator in leu of a
Delco conversion other than originality? My thinking:
regulator and or diodes alone cost as much as a Delco
would cost a mere mortal, but being a jeeper, I happen
to have two spare Delco's on the shelf, so that's
*free* to me. I'm sure I have a bracket that will
work. Also I assume the Delco is at least as good of
alternator. No?

Hey if worst, comes to worst, maybe I should drop in
my spare Buick 231 ;-]

Cheerio,
jon

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, with black cow catchers

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

C'mon Al, quit grovelling, if they're too stupid to punch a hole in a card,
they probably shouldn't be deciding who should be the leader.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/