Re: Alternator no chargy

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator no chargy
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:05:59 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the replies, those of you who did so on and
off list. I think I'll go for a Delco, since it's free
and I'll keep the dead lucas for future ventures. Now
I have to pick on Paul a little, since he has a sense
of humor, and he's the only one I've ever heard of who
is old enough to appreciate LBC's, yet is a member of
the virgin network ;-]

> > I have never seen the ignition warning lamp. I
> don't
> > think it has ever worked.
>
> Shame on you

Rest assured, I feel no shame...

> > The alternator was surely
> > working until very recently.
>
> Now you know what the ignition warning light is for

Nonsense! I'm the proud owner of a DC voltmeter; don't
need no stinkin' idiot light ;-] Hell, it didn't even
strand me!

> Your alt is knackered

That's the word I was looking for! I would consider
replacing just the broken part if we could
symptomatically tell what that is.

> Either or both.  Get a new alt.

OK, thanks, guys...

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, with black cow catchers

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

Enough's enough. Who cares who wins at this point, just quit counting. Better
yet, quit talking about it!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/