Speedo repair

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo repair
From: Eugene Harrison <eugh@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:05:21 -0800
I have just lost my speedo. The problem is with the angle drive on the
trany. The short inner cable from the angle drive to the trany speedo
drive gear has sheared. My question is , has anyone successfully
replaced this stub inner cable in the angle drive. I am going to replace

the long speedo cable anyway but the angle drive is very expensive and
appears to be in good working order except for the cable. I was able to
remove the gear with the cable remains by scraping off the crimped over
metal. the cable seems to be pressed into this gear but I'm not sure.
Suggestions?
 Eugene
'79 MGB daily driver
'52 Jag Mk VII rust lump cat nursery