Re: Quote of the summer

To: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: Quote of the summer
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:50:25 -0500
I would agree that chrome wires are going to be the thing for red MGs and
similar bright colors but on my 67 brg model I really love the look of the
grey. I respray them each year with the Eastwood wheel color. I like it a
bit more than the Moss and it is half the price. What I think does it for
them is that I clearcoat them and that gives them a very nice shine. I
think the grey paint instead of chrome was a classic cost saving idea, when
wire wheels were much more common. I do not know which that your wheels are
in but they are pretty much the same and from what I have seen at some
shows, go with either the correct grey or go for the chrome but a very
wrong color can be the proverbial sore thumb in a row of cars. That stated
however it is your car and you have to like it so go for what you want.
Carl french
67B
80B