Re: brake caliper reassembly

To: danhackney@nc.rr.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake caliper reassembly
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:32:16 EST
In a message dated 11/26/00 5:44:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
danhackney@nc.rr.com writes:

> My question is:  How should I reassemble to prevent
> air pockets?  Girling/Lockheed instructions are designed for an on-car
> rebuild, suggest using bleed screw.  Should I fill the bores with fluid and
> then push the pistons in to fill all passages?  Or should i simply put it
> together and do a thorough brake bleed once everything is on the car?

Reassemble and install on the car.  Then bleed according to the proper
procedure in your manual.  That's all there is to it.  When installed, the
bleed screw will be at the proper location and height to expel all the air.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget