brake caliper reassembly

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake caliper reassembly
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 17:41:23 -0500
Hello

I'm getting close to completing my off the car brake rebuild for the '72 B.
All parts are cleaned (non-petroleum cleaner), and I have all of the
necessary seals, etc.  My question is:  How should I reassemble to prevent
air pockets?  Girling/Lockheed instructions are designed for an on-car
rebuild, suggest using bleed screw.  Should I fill the bores with fluid and
then push the pistons in to fill all passages?  Or should i simply put it
together and do a thorough brake bleed once everything is on the car?
Suggestions appreciated,
-Dan
'72 B