Re: Cam Kits

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam Kits
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:39:46 EST
In a message dated 27/11/00 9:23:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:

> Put a 4.30:1 rear end in the car with an OD transmission (or a Japanese 5
> speed).  This would give you quick acceleration and a
> better highway cruising than the 3.9:1 with a 4 speed.  The effective
> highway rear end ratio would be about 3.5:1.
>
> I'm duckin'.

No need - you are correct. Remembering the 14" rather than 15" wheels on the
B, you could get away with a 4.1 diff as well, but they are hard to find, and
if you want to use early MG gears, you would need to toss the late case
anyway.

I have used both 4.88 and 5.13 diffs with OD to great advantage (the latter
normally only in hill climbs, until I got too old and lazy to change diffs
for a single event).

Bill