Re: 50 mile oil change intervals/MGB heirs

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: 50 mile oil change intervals/MGB heirs
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:00:47 -0800
Actually, that is not changing oil frequently enough, IMHO.  He should
change it after he puts it back in the garage (twice a year/25 miles)
and not leave the contaminated oil in there for six months.  He should
probably even put new oil in before he starts it, or four times a year!

Nice story though, I just hope some clueless "heir" doesn't call a
junkyard for a quick $150. This happened here just last summer.  I even
tried to buy the car from the yard, but they knew it was worth far more
in parts now than I would pay for it or that anyone else would either.

It really ruined my day, but I did take the hood off of it for $150.
What's a guy to do. . .

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT