Re: Head Gasket blown - then temp sensor REFUSES to budge

To: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Subject: Re: Head Gasket blown - then temp sensor REFUSES to budge
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 10:53:22 -0600
Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com wrote:

> This has been a thread recently started by Enrique.
> I had the same. So I finally had a very good ring spanner on the temp.
> sender and actually stood on the spanner! Slowly it started to move - the
> new one still is working!
> So you really might need brute force - 160 lbs on the spanner in my case!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hans

   Here's a little trick that will ease the problem NEXT time.
When you reinstall the temp sender, wrap a little Teflon
plumber's tape around the threads first.  Should you have
the misfortune of having to remove the sensor again, it will
not be a battle of brute strength.

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK