Re: LBCs in Snow

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBCs in Snow
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 22:52:39 -0600
And our MGAs and Bs are any better??

My experience is that NONE of them are great in the snow. I've driven
TR3s, Spitfires, MGAs, and MGBs (among others) throughout the winter
(and I mean real, snowy, cold -10F/ to -30F, winters) back before I
could afford a proper winter car. The best of them all was the MGB with
factory hardtop (at least sorta warm), but the next best IMHO was the
TR3 with hardtop (barely lukewarm but bearable). As long as I didn't try
to create a new trail in the snow, both worked ok as long as there was a
hundred lbs of ballast in the trunk.

All of these cars were great fun in the snow - whenever you wanted and
sometimes when you didn't.

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, SK
(currently -31C or -24F)