Re: Engine swap and measurements

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine swap and measurements
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:48:14 -0600
Hi Gang,
   It's Friday again and we still have 6"-8" of snow on the
ground here in Oklahoma.  That makes it great garage-
time weather.  Can't drive, might as well work on the
'70 MGB-GT!
   This weekend I hope to hone the cylinders (only a
250 grit hone) to prep the cylinders for the new rings.  The
cylinders are really in quite good condition and will come
up easily with minimal honing.  After that, it is time for
a thorough degreasing and deep red engine paint!
   I hope to achieve all the machining this evening leaving
tomorrow morning for degreasing, cleanup and paint.
That will put me with 24-hour-cured paint on the engine
block by Sunday.  I'd like to say that I'll get the pistons
back in Sunday but that is wishful thinking.  There are too
many other Xmas-based chores to complete.  Yet,
having that box of new rings and new rod bearings setting
on the table is certainly a motivation. :-P
--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research