Re: BMIHT Certificate

To: Rick Brown <brown409@home.com>
Subject: Re: BMIHT Certificate
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:19:03 -0800 (PST)
Well, they stated that my car (car # 49843) came with a G-series engine
(which in fact it DOES have!). My reading of Clausager's suggested that it
ought to have  GB-series engine, since it was built in late October 1964
(change-over point from GA to GB). They sent me a new certificate,
changing the engine type (but not the serial number) from G to GB, and an
accompanying note indicated that their records said 'G' but they 'assumed'
it was incorrectly recorded and should have been GB!

Somewhat of a moot point, I guess, since I still have a G-series, 3-main
bearing engine in my car with a later valve cover!

--- Rick Brown <brown409@home.com> wrote:
> Dan
>
> What was the error they made on the first certificate?

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328