Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side

To: "David Pennington" <racerx23@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side
From: "JustBrits" <justbrits@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:54:04 -0600
OK, David, # 1 (more to folow<G>):

<<I am not trying to be obstinate, but why would a spinner get tighter from
driving the car forward as opposed to backward?>>

Centrifugal force.

<< Stopping and starting torques have been discussed. >>

TWO directional forces.

<<My experience has been that stock spinners tend togradually loosen with
use. >>

Huuum, normal maintenance/inspection is not in your book?

<<I also know from experience the stock setup can and will unscrew if the
splines fail,>>

Yep, and we are now back to "maintenance"

<< and I have proposed a theory as to why they do so. But what possible
force could be twisting the spinner if the splines are not spun? Am I
missing something here?>>

See above and yep.

Oh, yeah, got 60K in one year on Hortence with an occasional "thawck" w/lead
hammer on all four corners.  No probs.

Do know a Healey Folk or two that have been passed by a WW when the "undo"
was "reversed".

Ed