Re: 65 MGB fuel pump

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 65 MGB fuel pump
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 05:59:57 -0500
Until this summer my 67 had a domestic fuel pump that a PO had installed.
The car had an inline pressure step down regulator in the engine bay. The
pump clicked all the time, when running it was obviously not as rapid as
during start up but it was actually a little reassuring to hear the click
from the rear. When it did die this summer I do think I remember noticing
that it was a Purolator, I wanted to replace it to get the big, ugly
regulator out of the engine bay but so long as it was working fine hey, I
was not going to throw money away.
Carl French
67B
80B