Re: electronic ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 04:21:07 -0000
Dave,

I'm sure you're going to get lots of opinions from folks on the list, so I
figure I'll throw my 2p in.  I have electronic ingition kits in all my old
cars for the following reasons:

1.  Maintenance which you've already alluded to.

2.  Top end performance.  No point slap means a more consistant spark.

3.  No worries about tired bushings, (since it's no longer fired by the
action of the Dist. Cam) and hence timing is more accurate.

I should point out that I've used Petronix and Marelli units, I haven't used
the Fireball yet but the same should apply.

Best,

Scott Allen

87 Milano Platinum
77 Spider Veloce