Re: electronic ignition

To: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:51:29 -0700
Does this mean the FJ40 also has electronic ignition?

The 65B that came with all the parts is still positive ground. But since it
is my son's car and he wants to put in some kind of sound system, we'll
most likely convert it to negative ground. This particular electronic
ignition is for positive ground cras. That leaves my 67 BGT which is
probably 95% original - and I'm working on that 5%. So I'm still reluctant
to put the electronic ignition in it but I could always change my mind or
make sure its removable and give it a try.

I am almost as much a purist on my 74 FJ40  (Toyota Landcruiser. "jeep
style" for those of you not in the know) but I did give in and install
headers in it. So I might try electronic ignition in it since it gets used
a fair amount in the bad winter weather - snow and sub-zero temps. Cold
weather starts are essential. Will it help decrease my Landcruiser's
insatiable thirst for petrol?

David