"We got you metric!"

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "We got you metric!"
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:02:31 -0500
Slightly humorous story.

All my family was put on notice that what I wanted for xmas was tools, as
I've never owned any real tools, as I never did any of my own work.

My parents got me a really nice Craftsman socket set with the three drive
sizes, (What is it, 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" ?). Something I really needed.

I unwrapped it, was pleasantly surprised and did the whole "Thank
You" thing.

My father looked at me and said "It's half standard and half metric. We made
sure it had metric sockets so you can work on your MGB."

I just chuckled.

My father couldnt believe that the MGB was standard. Had I been at home I
would have grabbed the Haynes Manual. I thanked them anyway, as I'm sure the
metrics will be helpful on the wife's honda. (Although I think the Accord is
made in the US, so who knows, maybe it's standard too.)

-Chris

| Chris Thompson                                      ct@cthompson.com |
| 1973 MGB                                    http://cthompson.com/mg/ |