Re: Head Studs

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Head Studs
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:44:30 -0800
May I ask on what experience you base that statement, Jim? And the following
two questions would also seem important - How many times can used head studs
be re-used safely, and how, by looking at an engine that you've just taken
apart for the first time, can you determine how many times the studs there
have already been re-torqued?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
(Who has no Ph.D but forty years of engine building experience)