Re: Head Studs

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Studs
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:15:10 -0500
Like everything else in this 'aftermarket' supply chain
for our LBC's I can only believe $$ price is why these
'studs' stretch so much. Plain and simple, they're crappy
far east recycled US car metal.

The only rhyme or reason that truly seems realistic is where
else are you going to find a threaded at both ends, bolt,
with the right thread pitch. So we're stuck buying them.

Let's face it,  high carbon steel 4" fine thread bolts don't cost
what ARP's cost. (above mentioned 4"ers are $124.00 per 100ct.
in the catalogs with a tensile strength of 70,000 lbs.)

...just like 'lowered' springs.  B$%^S$%$   These are the springs we all
need the most as they are the stock CB model springs.
Distributors call them 'lowered' and charge more for them.

My 'lowered' springs, put my car at the 'book spec' ride height.
lowered my A__  !

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com