Re: MGB tappets

To: lundgren@byu.net
Subject: Re: MGB tappets
From: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:47:38 -0500
The rocker gear needs to match the head.

The crucial part, really, is the oil feed through the rear rocker pedestal --
it is located in a different place in an 18V motor.  If the rocker pedestals
and the head are not matched, no oil gets to the rocker shaft or to the tops of
the valves!  This is a Bad Thing.

Tappets and pushrods, if matched to each other, are interchangable.

Matt