Problem: Slooow Wipers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Problem: Slooow Wipers
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:11:25 -0000
All,

I've had this problem for a bit now, and it's driving me to distraction.
When I use the wipers on my 74 1/2 BGT they're real, real, slow.  If I put
the switch into the second faster position they're even more slow.

It was suggested that I may have old grease fouling the motor, so I pulled
it apart and cleaned it with no change once it was back together.  However,
I've always thought it was electrical, as I'd noticed the lights dim or
heater blower slow down when I turned on the wipers, and last night I
detected a faint glow in my alternator light when they were on.  I think
there's a load problem somewhere in the circuit.

Anyone have a similar problem and worked through it?  Since I'm sorta new to
B's I'd appreciate any pointers on where to begin to look...

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen