Re: Problem: Slooow Wipers

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem: Slooow Wipers
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:40:37 -0800
Well, the drag of the wipers on a dry screen is going to slow the thing down
a lot. Mine won't even complete a sweep on a completely dry screen, for
instance. So splash some water on it when testing. Are you saying that one
sweep from left to right is taking 20 seconds? That *is* slow. Mine is doing
that in about "one-thousand-ONE one-thousand-TWO".

But it could be electrical. Many problems on the B are caused by high
electrical resistance in the circuit due to corrosion at the connectors. So
you could take a stab at tracing the wiring and cleaning those. And I don't
know about any potential problems with the 2-speed motor -- mine is
single-speed (or should I say, single-slow?).