Re: What should I bring?

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: What should I bring?
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:44:52 -0500
Hacksaw?????

You'll be there forever! Bring a set of oxy-axetelene torches with cutting
attachment and a fire extinguisher for big fires, plus (a bucket of water and
some old rags to extinguish small fires). If you don't know how to use it, by
the time you cut the car apart you will. Too bad no electricity... if there is I
recommend a Sawzall (reciprocating saw) and a few spare blades, better yet, make
that a bunch of spares. If the car is a rust bucket, I'm afraid you'll need more
help than PB Blaster. Some 10-15 years ago the Emerald Necklace MG Register
(Northern Ohio) held a tech session in my warehouse on Halloween. One of the
projects was stripping a Midget. People brought every imaginable tool to
dismantle that little guy. When it really came down to the wire, and upon the
4th call to get home for dinner, it was the cutting torch that got the job done.
I still have photos of that gathering.

Jim