Re: Ebay

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Ebay
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:39:56 -0600
I think Ebay is a very good alternative and thats my next step.

I have a crap load of parts all in very good condition, enough parts to
make 1.5 complete 62 Sprites with 1275 & 948, smooth and rib cases, side
curtains, 4.22-3.7 and 3.89 axels, etc, etc, etc.... all of the great
desirable parts and pieces and more...  and I used that Jumble venue and
other Brithsh car routes a long time ago and got only a few people that
wanted all of what I had for a pocket full of loose coin.  Taking total
advatntage of me is what people were willing to do to take it off my
hands so it seemed.

So then I'd tried to resort to selling it part by part and was hit with
the shipping problem mentioned earlier, a giant pain in the ass, and
people only wanted the rebuilt 1275 engine and rebuilt 1275 ribcase
tranny with the 3.7 axel plus my Moto-Lita and leaving me with a garage
full of the less desirable stuff to take space that no one is real hot
for like a perfect straight MKII body inside and out... which defeats why
I was selling it in the first place, to clear to crap out so I can park
my daily driver.  So I never sold a single part, I didn't want to brak it
up and render the car undrivable for the right buyer to purchase and
reassemble, or not have the 3.7 rear axel and have to settle for a 4.22
ora 3.9, again, something less desirable for the right buyer.

So someone recently said that I should investigate the Ebay route, I
think this is a grand idea, I plan to try it out tomorrow and only sell
to someone in the Greater DFW area only, so there wouldn't be any
shipping, I'd help move the stuff from my garage to theirs and maybe even
find a truck to help pull a trailer if they didn't have one, they pay for
the trailer of course.

I'll also make the same deal offer, which is best offer for the whole
thing, and I'm not whoring myself to get rid of it either, I want whats
fair for the both of us, no rip offs and no exessive proffits, hell, for
what I'll sell it at, it's a big lose for me anyway no matter what.

I wish myself good luck once again on getting rid of all the great Sprite
goodies via Ebay that I have that someone could turn into a great sweat
62 Sprite MKII daily driver with lotsof extras they could sell on Ebay or
part by part and ship to all cornors of the planet for max profit, I
simply don't have the time.

Thanks, Jay
1962 AH Sprite MKII /  HAN6L02874
mailto:jpquinn@home.com