Re: Unloaded RPM

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Unloaded RPM
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:35:25 -0000
Possibly because the noise of the engine is somewhat drowned out but all the
other wind, mecahnical and other road noises when under way?  Try revving at
4000rpm in 1st gear and comparing it with o/d 4th.

Maximum centrifugal advance can occur anywhere from 2200rpm to 6400rpm
according to spec.  For example an early high-compression 18V with a 25D4
41032 is quoted as 19 degrees at 200rpm, whereas an 18V846 or 857 with a
45D4 41610 is quoted as 24 degrees at 6400rpm.

PaulH.