Re: LHD to RHD

To: "Stuart MacMillan" <macmillan@home.com>,
Subject: Re: LHD to RHD
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:26:11 -0000
Hmmm.  Someone ought to tell the chap in California advertising his in the
latest copy of MG World for UKP1800 including shipping to the UK, it is
described as a rolling restored shell with no rust, filler or accident
damage - it begs the question as to what the restoration covered.  Whilst
some 'dry state' cars are restored in the UK to their original North
American spec as a curiosity the majority of such early shells are used to
restore rotten UK cars and hence are 'converted' to RHD.  There are
companies offering Californian shells from a few hundred pounds up, and for
a pull-handle bare shell in perfect condition I have been quoted UKP2500.  A
far cry from '$15,000 and up'.  Bring us your cars by all means, but don't
expect to go home rich.

PaulH.