Re: gas smell & braided fuel lines?

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: gas smell & braided fuel lines?
From: "JustBrits" <justbrits@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:06:11 -0600
<<One potential shortfall that I have been warned of with braded steel is
that dirt and dust can get in between the hose and the steel braid and chafe
(?) the rubber hose to the point of failure.  >>

Geeesh, James Jr.

   The first ones lasted around a minimum of 20 years or so, right??  Some
are WAY older.  I have a customer with ORIGINAL braided (steel) hoses on his
'53 TD and they have NO sign of wear.  Now I agree, "signs" are relative.  I
have been preaching to him to change.  He says WHY??

(and those cars have only a real "weak" fuel (sic) filter in the bottom of
the tank.)

AND, it's not like it is something you should not be looking at and/or
paying attention to.  Right??

How many folks with modern "cars" check their brakes hoses after 2 or 3
years??  Kinda think the answer would be in the MAJOR minority.  Think?

             Ed