Re: Seat Belts, MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts, MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:11:02 -0800
I discussed with my mechanic the question of fitting shoulder belts to my
66B, and his recommendation was to forget it. He felt the geometry of the
rear deck belt mounting point was very poor, and likely to cause neck or
shoulder injury. He thought I'd be just as well off with the lap belt, and
that the best plan was just to avoid accidents altogether <g>.

I did take it that the later retractable style belt, combined with a more
modern seat design, was probably effective. But in my case I was talking
about the classic style seat, although if I went so far as to add shoulder
belts I would certainly have added headrests as well (68-69 type).

FWIW

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149